A business development officer is responsible in identifying new sales leads through research. He/ She is responsible in marketing and promoting the company’s services to potential clients; implement marketing activities to the different target markets; exploit new sources of sales; strengthen existing linkages and develop new partnerships; and maintain fruitful relationship with existing customers.
a. Develops strategic plans for industry penetrations
b. Conducts prospecting and qualifying of various industries
c. Sets appointments and conducts sales meetings to qualified clients
d. Drafts consulting services proposals
e. Ensures quarterly sales targets are achieved
f. Regularly updates sales pipeline, status of sales meetings conducted
g. Assists in the preparation of Project Kick-offs (coordination of airfare, venue, and accommodations, turn-over of project Terms of Reference)
- A graduate of any four-year course, preferably Marketing, Sales Management, or equivalent
- Has at least one (1) year relevant work experience
- Able to organize events
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Can handle business presentations.
- Can handle business meetings with senior level positions
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Can work with less supervision
- Can work alone and work with a team as well.